It's been tricky to blog from a mobile platform (smartphone and tablet vs. my normal laptop), and wifi can be spotty. In fact, our strongest signals seem to have 45-minute expiration dates.
In addition to these challenges, Kady and I have been on the move frequently. In fact we have spent the night in a different city for ten nights in a row, and that gets pretty exhausting.
But there's good stuff happening here--I promise.
We are going to commit the ultimate luxury and stay put in Unawatuna (I could not invent a better or weirder name for a town), Sri Lanka for three whole nights.
In a row!
So stay tuned for a few stories like these:
- How we ended up spending the night in a convent.
- "America!? Big muscles!"
- How Gang-ham Style and Barack Obama are apparently uniting the world...
- Antagonizing antagonistic locals.
- The deliciousness of getting your way and/or winning.
- The very loyal parakeet.
- How easy it is to be happy.
Until then, here is a ridiculous picture of an incredible place.