Last night, Kady of ALRN stopped by to see the (still-bare) new place. I offered her my sole chair but she opted for the rug. I gestured towards different areas of the room we sat in and ruminated on its potential and what I might put there and what I might hang here...
"Wow you sound like you're going to be here forever!" Kady said.
A wave of panic leapt towards my throat but, unexpectedly, diminished almost instantly.
"I give it two months," I said.
Two months until my presently-sated wanderlust returns. But for now, I am sickeningly delighted to indulge in domestic fantasies like buying a label-maker and building a desk from reclaimed barn wood and vintage hairpin legs and filing my mail the instant I retrieve it from the box and sitting with my closest friends, all of us attractively-lit while drinking hot toddies, anticipating the duck I'm roasting.
I don't foresee a lot of adventure on the horizon, readers. But bear with me, won't you? And look forward to learning:
- How to Dine Alone
- How to Save for a Plane Ticket
- How to Navigate the Thrift Store
- How to Save Money by Identifying Clever Marketing (More of a rant, than a how-to I suppose)
- How to Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinet
Perhaps I'll collect some good stories along the way. And for good measure, some participation please...
Where are you on the nesting/wanderlust spectrum at this moment? (1= I plan on wearing nothing but sweatpants and fleece-lined slippers for the next three months while getting into the Downton Abbey business everyone won't stop harping on about... 10= I already have my suitcase packed.)
I must leave you now. My slow cooker is calling...
8 = I just sold or threw away 40% of the contents of my 5' x 5' storage space.ReplyDelete
7. I am traveling this year in some way (field school or independently). I'm already putting aside my packables and coming up with my back-up plan. But I have also newly discovered Pintrest... so... I have optimistic intents regarding the domestic areas.ReplyDelete
1. like such a high level 1 right now that it burdened me to put on jeans and drive 5 miles to work today.ReplyDelete
1- 87% of my paycheck goes to bills so I'm not going anywhere with out a solid year of saving first lol. I have heard great things about downton abbey tho......ReplyDelete
1....I was just wondering what all these little twigs were on the seat of my pants. My pajama pants. My 5 pair of pajama pants.ReplyDelete
I am going to rearrange my whole bedroom. That always helps to appease my need for a change.ReplyDelete