If you've known me for more than a few months, you know that I'm an insomniac. It's part of the package. Along with some other curious sleep disorder-activity, I've been this way since I was a little kid. There are a lot of really lousy cons that come with insomnia such as:
- Still having to go to work at 8am despite not falling asleep til 6am
- Being asked if I was punched in the face when I was in junior high (okay, the real story is someone asked me if my parents beat me because I had such bad dark eye circles)
- Being sooooo exhausted but not being able to sleep—the kind of tired where you're watching a movie and you're thinking, why don't they sleep? aren't they sleepy? look at that bed... they should sleep in it!... but you yourself cannot follow your own advice.
- Lack of sleep does not = productivity; you usually do some pretty dumb stuff to kill time til you're knocked out (like write this post)
HOWEVER, I've discovered some benefits.
- I talk to people from the future
- future people = people halfway through their day in different time zones
- But mostly, I get the opportunity to take photographs like these:
Two amazing fact about this series:
- The flash didn't wake her up.
- I was trying soooooo hard to look as pretty as possible. I think I took 25 photos in order to get these. 3 am is not conducive to pretty.