Consistency is a thing that first of all makes me think of ketchup and then makes me think of catsup. But more about me…
As a figure who 1) has been labeled “most laidback and sarcastic” by her cosmetology school cohorts, 2) has annihilated human relationships with unbridled anxiety, 3) had like 7 adult careers by the age of 28 and 4) identifies unmistakably clear correlations between the aforementioned achievements, I don’t claim to be the most constant of characters.
However, I do have a few consistent characteristics:
- I sometimes permit series that lack parallelism, as demonstrated in the above numbered list, due to error allowance for the greater good.
- My skin is that of a pink baby piglet and only gets more pink and piglet-y with age/spice/drink.
- I spontaneously purchase plane tickets when I’m un- or in-tentionally unemployed—and come to think of it, I've purchased plane tickets in order to become unemployed.
Due to light workload and, perhaps, my forthrightness about a desire for more work, my position was recently gently eliminated. The gentleness of the elimination was further soothed by a generous severance.
So there I was with an inbox full of Airbnb requests and airline promos and a schedule fraught with possibility. I ended up with a ticket to Baltimore/Washington, D.C. and from there to Reykjavik—on top of a pre-existing ticket to San Francisco to visit my very tall little sister.
Coming your way are a few posts on how I managed to save a few bucks here and there visiting what is considered a more costly European destination, a few tips on driving in Iceland and an overview of what I did that you might also like to do.
But skipping ahead ahead...I'm searching for a few projects to work on for Hobo Siren and so far I have:
- Watch and dissect every episode of Golden Girls.
- Watch and dissect every film in which Dolly Parton has starred.
- Watch and dissect the rest of Dawson's Creek.
I don't know. What do you want from me?